Saturday, May 15, 2010

All Grown Up

I have spent so much of my life wishing it would go by faster. But here I am now; my life is filled with the most beautiful, sweet moments. Just about everything in my life feels like it has fallen perfectly into place through the past year. Finally all of my hard work is starting to pay off and it does so in a growing love and appreciation for the life my dear Lord has granted me. So here I am, a breath away from leaping blindly into the whirlwind of university life. Breathing a sigh of relief, I reflect on my past decisions with gratitude for my family. Through their guidance I have steered through a difficult but worthwhile path. However, there were also so many nights that I filled with stress, assignments, and textbooks. So many times I tried to avoid acquaintances because I didn't have time for friends, I wish I could go back and say "I'd love to come!" Knowing who I am and the more outgoing and friendly I have become through my newfound self esteem I regret waiting to reach out to others. But those tender moments are gone. Now that I'm here, I want it to stay just the way it is. I want to savor my last few weeks in high school but, oh, how quickly they seem to fly! After wishing I could just get high school over with and get on with it, I don't want to go. Deep down I'm not sure if I'm ready to grow up. But ready or not, I have no say in the swift dealings of Father Time. I must soon face my eighteenth birthday and turn my head from the compelling backward glances toward my childhood. But through all of the challenges and decisions that I anticipate, it is relieving to know that I have a Heavenly Father who knows what's best for me. A dear Father to whom I can turn when I am weighed down with the travails of this life. We are all able to speak with the One who created the world in which we life. The One who created us in the first place. One who has a complete and utter understanding of every aspect of life. Next time you are in need of a friend or just someone to vent to, I hope you will remember this fact. He is always there and whether you are moving, graduating, seeing a child graduate, or whatever it may be He cares.

2 comments:

  1. Another insightful post. The only constant in life is change, so it's not going to stay the way it is now as much as you wish it might. I'm happy you've found the power of prayer. It will help you in the challenges ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that reminder, Jessica. We are never alone. And HE wouldn't want you to wallow over past mistakes. Learn from the past, but embrace the future. You are closer to knowing who you are, and now you can look forward to being that person from here on out!

    ReplyDelete